IIT JAM Coaching: IIT JAM is an All-India Level Online Entrance Exam that is conducted every year by the Indian Institute of Technology i.e., IIT. This exam is conducted for admission to MSc and other post-bachelor courses in IITs and integrated Ph.D. courses in the Indian Institute of Science (IISc).
JAM for MSc Admissions Many National Institutes of Technology (NITs) and Centrally Funded Technical Institutes (CFTIs) also accept this course. So, in such a situation, if you also want to prepare for IIT JAM EXAM or want to do MSc from a good college, then you must know about this exam. That is why in today’s article, we are going to give you all the important information related to IIT JAM Exam. So, let’s get started.
What is an IIT JAM Exam?
The full name of this exam is Indian Institute of Technology Joint Admission Test for M. Sc. Till now, IIT used to be for JAM Exam (6 science subjects). But from Jam 2021, it has become 7 subjects, which include Biotechnology, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Mathematical Statistics, Physics, and Economics.
In this exam, the economics subject has been added as the seventh subject. The participating colleges conduct IIT JAM on a rotational basis. IIT JAM 2023 will be conducted by IISc Bangalore. The start date to fill the IIT JAM Online Application Form is 7th September 2022 and the last date is 11th October 2022.
This exam will be held on 12 February 2023 and this computer-based test will be in 2 sessions. The first session will be from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm and in this session there will be papers on Biotechnology, Physics and Mathematical Statistics subjects. The second session will be from 2:30 PM to 5:30 PM in which there will be papers on Chemistry, Geology, Economics and Mathematics subjects.
What are the criteria and age limit of IIT JAM EXAM?
Candidates appearing in IIT JAM 2023 must have a Bachelor’s degree. In which it is necessary to have at least 55% aggregate marks. The minimum aggregate marks for SC, ST and PWD category candidates are 50%. Such candidates who will appear in their graduation exam in 2023 will also be eligible for this exam. Talking about Age Limit, there is no age limit to appear in IIT JAM Exam.
What are the benefits you will get by clearing the IIT JAM EXAM?
IIT JAM is a highly competitive exam, after clearing you will get a degree from the best college and after that, you can easily get 6 figure salary because IIT itself is such a big brand that big companies hire students here. know how to do the career opportunities available to IIT JAM graduates are vast. What are the job options you can choose after going through this process? Let us know.
- You can find great job options in the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries after doing MSc in Biotechnology. After doing MSc in Biological Sciences, the doors of Scientific Research, Laboratories, Hospitals, and Health Care field will open for you.
- By doing MSc in Chemistry subject, you will be able to take great job opportunities in both the public and private sectors. Chemical manufacturing units are also included.
- After doing MSc in Geology, you can take many job options like Meteorologist, Geographer, Oceanographer, and Volcanologist.
- After doing MSc in Mathematics, you will get good career opportunities in areas like research and development, manufacturing industries, and market research firms.
- After doing MSc in Mathematical Statistics, you will be able to do jobs in Market Research, Banks, Foreign Exchanges, and many more such areas.
- By doing M.Sc. Physics, you will be able to choose the best options in teaching and research fields such as Aeronautics Engineering and Laboratory areas.
IIT JAM Admission Process
To take admission in the required courses through IIT JAM exam, you have to follow the following steps.
Step: 1 First of all you have to submit the IIT JAM Application Form and Fees.
Step: 2 After that download the IIT JAM Admit Card.
Step: 3 Appear in the IIT JAM exam.
Step: 4 Check IIT JAM Results to know whether you have passed or not.
Step: 5 Filling Admission Form for IIT JAM Counselling.
Step: 6 Checking the Admission List. If your name is on the admission list then it means that you have been selected for IIT JAM.
What are the fees for the IIT JAM exam?
Now a question may also be coming to your mind how much is the fee for filling out the form for this exam? So, for your information, let us tell you that if we talk about the fee for this exam, then this fee is for General and OBC candidates. 10,000 and for SC/ ST/ PWD candidates it is Rs.5,000. You can fill out this form online by visiting its official website.
How many times can the IIT JAM exam be given?
If we talk about the answer to this question how many times can you give this exam, then tell you that any number of times the candidate can give this exam. There are no restrictions on this.