GATEIIT Medical Institution in Bangalore is an Overseas Medical Entrance Exam Training Institute founded in 2003 by highly qualified Indian doctors who returned to India from the United States and the United Kingdom. It's a flexible platform with no ties to any particular medical organization. It aspires to raise medical training standards by collaborating with various private medical organizations. Its critical competency is providing individualized postgraduate medical training and medical admission courses for different national and international entry and exit tests.
International medical graduates (IMG) must sit on the PLAB, or Professional and Linguistic Assessments Board, to show that they possess the abilities and knowledge required to practice medicine in the United Kingdom. The PLAB Exam is a stepping stone to medical school in the United Kingdom. The PLAB test is a two-part evaluation that evaluates international medical graduates' medical knowledge and communication skills, says the PLAB coaching in Bangalore.
Requirements for PLAB Exam:
The requirements for appearing for this exam for medical graduates are:
- An institution included in the World Health Organization Directory of Medical Schools must accept the candidates' primary qualification for limited registration.
- Candidates must have taken the IELTS test and received a minimum score of 7 overall and 7.0 in all four language modules individually.
- Candidates must have 12 months of postgraduate clinical experience.
Exam Pattern for PLAB Exam:
The PLAB exam is divided into two sections:
- PLAB 1 - This exam is in MCQ format and consists of 180 questions that one must answer in three hours.
- PLAB 2 - this section consists of 18 clinical stations in an objective structured clinical examination (OSCE). Each station lasts 18 minutes, plus 2 minutes for reading. The exam is designed to test a doctor's level of knowledge at the commencement of Foundation Year 2 (F2) in the Foundation Programme.
Application Process for PLAB Exam Described by PLAB coaching in Bangalore:
The PLAB test can be used on the GMA website as well. You get a confirmation email from the GMC website verifying the candidate's registration after applying for the test. Their registration, location, and test start time will all be included in the email. PLAB 1 is held twice a year in various cities across India (on March 15 and November 15). The exam deadline is usually eight weeks before the last date of registration.
Candidates can make numerous attempts for PLAB 1, but only PLAB 2 four times. If a candidate fails PLAB 2 on their fourth attempt, they must retake PLAB 1.
Syllabus for PLAB Exam:
The PLAB coaching institute in Bangalore tells about the syllabus for the PLAB aspirants.
PLAB 1 and PLAB 2 syllabuses are often based on mainstream medical texts that UK Medical schools use. Students can also consult the GMC's 'Advice to Candidates' pamphlets. Part 1 and Part 2 each have their booklet.
Live Interactive Sessions with the Faculty of GATEIIT for PLAB Coaching in Bangalore:
- Students and working professionals can only attend classes on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Course materials, e-books, and an online Qbank are all available. Completed all paperwork for exams and other applications and provided complete counseling.
- You can meet all of your PLAB needs in one place.
- Duration: 24 weeks, three days a week between 5 and 9 p.m.
PLAB Live Online Course on eMedicoz App by PLAB Coaching in Bangalore:
- Expert faculty of GATEIIT conducts live PLAB Step 1 classes.
- Classes will be offered in a cyclical pattern.
- The schedule for the next 24 weeks will be available on the App in advance.
- Students can enroll during the cycle and complete the course in either 24 or 48 weeks, depending on their needs.
- During your membership time, recorded recordings of completed classes will be available on the App.
- There will be a test and discussion for practice questions and guidance along the process.
GATEIIT also holds classroom training for PLAB.
Why PLAB after MBBS?
The PLAB exam allows applicants to pursue a postgraduate degree in the United Kingdom after completing their MBBS in India. It's a requirement for GMC registration, which is required in the UK medical system. It's a certification exam that determines your eligibility for registration with the General Medical Council (GMC). It does not award a diploma. It solely registers applications with the General Medical Council (GMC), says the PLAB coaching center in Bangalore.