Every year, the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) holds the Indian Economic Service/Indian Statistical Service Examination to recruit Grade IV officers for positions at the Planning Commission, Planning Board, Ministry of Economic Affairs, National Sample Survey, and other Allied Offices that require economists and statisticians.
The Indian Economic/Statistical Service (IES/ISS) gives graduates of the courses Economics and Statistics a very appealing opportunity with Indian government establishments.
The Indian Economic Services (IES) and Indian Statistical Services (ISS) exams are generally held in May by the Union Public Service Commission.
GATEIIT IES / ISS coaching in Bangalore are provided by highly experienced faculty members from leading mathematics and statistics institutes with extensive teaching experience. GATEIIT is currently a well-known IES / ISS coaching center in Bangalore. GATEIIT Academy is a prominent and prestigious coaching facility in South India to prepare for IES / ISS recruitment exams.
UPSC INDIAN ECONOMIC SERVICE (IES) EXAM-2022:
- The Indian Economic Service (IES) is a Group 'A' Central Service organized.
- The IES was established in 1961 to create a core professional capacity inside the Government to conduct economic research and advice developing and formulating development policies, enhance delivery mechanisms, and monitor and assess government programs. With the start of large-scale economic reforms in 1991 and the expansion of the Government's regulatory role, such research and recommendations inside the service have grown dramatically.
|| Indian Economic Service
||Union Public Service
||Once a year
||Pen & paper-based
|Number of attempts
|Duration of the
||More than 2 lakh
- As a result, the service is both inter-ministerial and inter-departmental. The positions are mainly in Ministries/Departments that deal with economic and social issues. Even within organizations that employ many Cadre members, such as the Planning Commission, IES officers work in various fields, including finance, social services, rural development, education, health, agriculture, industry, trade, transportation, etc., and information technology.
- Throughout their careers, IES officials have been exposed to development concerns in various sectors and participate in policymaking in the Central Government. The IES provides a pool of in-house economic expertise as a well-positioned service to meet the increased demand for analytical financial inputs for government policymaking since the country's economic reforms have modified the nature and domain of economic policymaking.
- IES officers serve on delegations in various domestic and international institutions, including UN bodies, foreign governments, state governments, regulatory authorities, and staffing Cadre postings. Under the Central Staffing Scheme, officers from the service are also appointed to positions in central ministries and departments.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA NATIONALITY:
A candidate must be one of the following, says the IES/ISS Coaching in Bangalore:
(a) an Indian citizen,
(b) a Nepalese subject,
(c) a Bhutanese subject,
(d) a Tibetan refugee who arrived in India before January 1, 1962, intending to settle in India permanently,
(e) an Indian citizen who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, or the East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, or Vietnam.
A candidate falling into categories (b), (c), (d), and (e) above must be a person in whose favor the Government of India has issued an eligibility certificate. A candidate who requires a certificate of eligibility may be admitted to the test. Still, the offer of appointment will not be made until the Government of India has issued the required eligibility certificate.
On the very beginning day of the year in which the examination is held, a candidate must be 21 years old and not older than 30 years old, subject to modification in the upper age restriction for such categories as the Government may notify from time to time.
A post-graduate degree in Economics, Applied Economics, Econometrics, or Business Economics from a recognized university is required. An applicant who has taken a qualifying examination and passed it, making them qualified to take the IES Examination, but has not yet received notification of the outcome, can also apply for admission.
SCHEME OF EXAMINATION:
The IES test is divided into three sections:
| Written Exam
The UPSC will summon a candidate for viva-voce if they achieve the minimum passing marks on the written exam, as determined by the UPSC at their discretion. Candidates called for viva-voce must also pass the Central Standing Medical Board's Medical Examination Part-I (i.e., Medical Examination without Chest X-Ray).
STEPS FOR APPOINTMENT:
Candidates who pass the IES Examination are recommended to the Government for appointment to the service by the UPSC. The Central Standing Medical Board will conduct Medical Examination Part-II (i.e., X-Ray examination of the chest) on successful candidates. Successful candidates who have been certified fit following medical tests and have received appropriate antecedent and character verification reports are offered appointments.
IES EXAM 2022 APPLICATION FORM:
- Candidates must complete the application form, which they may find on the official website.
- Before you fill out the application form, read the instructions.
- After filling out the personal and other information, scan your latest photo and signature.
- Remember to pay the application fee at any SBI bank.
- Take a printout of the application form and the challan for future reference.
- The candidate will automatically receive a registration number when filling out the online application form. Enter to complete the process after filling out the challan number and registration number.
UPSC IES 2022 APPLICATION FEE:
- General and OBC candidates must pay an application fee of Rs 200.
- Candidates who are SC/ST/PH/female are excused from paying the application fee.
- Payment methods include credit cards, debit cards, and online banking.
- You can also make a payment at any SBI bank using an e-challan.
IES EXAM 2022:
|Indian Economics Services 2022
|IES 2022 Notification
||April 06, 2022
|Starting Date to apply
||April 06, 2022
|Last date to apply
||April 26, 2022
|IES admit card
||June 2022 (tentative)
|IES exam date
||June 24 to 26, 2022 (3 days)
|IES result 2021
|IES final result
The Indian Economic Service (IES)/ Indian Statistical Service (ISS) will issue an official notification on April 6, 2022. Candidates can apply between the period of (April 06 to April 26, 2022). "June 24 to 26, 2022 (3 Days)" is the date for the written exam.
2022 IES Notification The formal notification for the IES/ISS will be released on April 6, 2022, according to the UPSC timetable. Candidates interested in the Indian Economic Service can begin their registration when the official announcement is released. The total number of openings will also be displayed in the official notification. The online application window will be open between April 6 and April 26, 2022.
ROLES OF IES OFFICERS:
- The service's role can be broadly classified as financial counseling, economic administration, development policy, program implementation, and dealing with other issues such as economic reforms, regulation, price-fixing, and monitoring and evaluation. Economic rationality is increasingly guiding decision-making in the quickly globalizing environment. The function of IES officers has become increasingly important in light of the Government's ongoing reform efforts. Aside from the strictly economic areas, IES officials play an essential role in policymaking in the social sectors.
- IES officers get exposed to nearly every aspect of government operations. These officers also provide consistency and linkage in policymaking, which is critical even when policies change. Because of these circumstances, IES officers have increasingly taken on the role of an in-house economist with domain expertise and experience.
- The Economic Advisers would provide feedback to the Ministries/Departments on all policy issues and their economic ramifications. The officers may be required to monitor and assess policy parameters under the Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management Act 2003 from a financial standpoint and help the Ministry of Finance compile annual or other periodic statements required to comply with the Act's provisions. Before finalizing their Annual Plan Budgets, Ministries/Departments could meet with the concerned Economic Adviser.
- To ensure that individual Ministries/Departments' policies are consistent with the overall direction of the economic policy outlined in the Union budget, Five-Year Plans, and other documents, Economic Advisers assigned to various Ministries/Departments would interact with the Chief Economic Adviser in the Department of Economic Affairs regularly, ensuring that the economic implications of policy changes are thoroughly examined, and facilitating individual Ministerial/Departmental policy.
Authorized Strength and pay scale according to the designation:
||Higher Administrative Grade + (HAG +)/Principal Adviser (Apex)s
||₹ 80,000 (fixed)
||Higher Administrative Grade + (HAG +)/Senior Economic Adviser/Senior Adviser
||₹ 67,000- (annual increment@3%)-
||Senior Administrative Grade (SAG)/Economic Adviser/Adviser
||Junior Administrative Grade (JAG)/ Joint Director/Deputy Economic Adviser
including Non-Functional Selection Grade (NFSG)/Director/Additional Economic Adviser
||Pay Band-4: ₹ 15,600- 39,100 plus
Grade Pay: ₹ 7,600
Pay Band-4: ₹ 37,400 -67,000
plus Grade Pay: ₹ 8,700
||Senior Time Scale (STS)/Deputy Director/Assistant Economic Adviser/Senior Research Officer
||Pay Band-3: ₹ 15,600- 39,100 plus
Grade Pay: ₹ 6,600
||Junior Time Scale (JTS)/Assistant Director/ Research Officer
||Pay Band-3: ₹ 15,600- 39,100 plus
Grade Pay: ₹ 5,400
||Total Duty Posts
||Total Authorized Strength
Features of This Course:
- India's Best Faculties of Education
- In India, the longest and highest number of classes and hours for about 850 hours of instruction.
- Personal attention sessions with ten students to maintain a high focus and teaching quality.
- A personalized approach for tracking and improving each student's performance.
- Each student receives a personalized doubt-clearing session.
- India's most advanced online classes.
- Digital and printed copies of all study materials and test series
- India's highest success rate.