PLAB is an entrance exam for admission to medical colleges in the United Kingdom. If you want to go into the medical field in the UK, then you need to clear the PLAB exam. Make sure to know your interest first before planning to clear this exam. Don’t forget to reach out to a reputed institute to get your preparation done.
In today’s article, I am going to give you complete information about the PLAB entrance exam like what is PLAB exam, how to prepare for it, how to apply for it, etc.
What is PLAB exam?
The full form of PLAB is the Professional and Linguistic Assessments Board. After passing this exam, you can make your career in the field of medicine in United Kingdom. This exam is organized by the General Medical Council of the United Kingdom.
Through this exam, the knowledge and experience of the student is estimated so that he can do his work properly. There is no loss in reaching out to a nice and reputed PLAB Coaching in India to make your exam preparation job easier.
Just like in India after the GMC exam candidates start their training in any medical, in the same way in the United Kingdom also the PLAB exam is done after which your training in any medical gets started.
How to Prepare for PLAB Exam?
If we talk about the preparation of the play exam, then let me tell you that you need to stick to the needful study routine. Candidates from all over the world register in it, but only a few people get selected in the exam. If you want to pass it, then you have to prepare according to a routine.
- You can read GMC Booklets to clear PLAB exam.
- You have to have a firm grip on current affairs.
- You have to serve your personality very well.
- It is not necessary that you study a lot but how you study is very important. If you want to make a place in this field then you have to study smart.
- You should have a good knowledge of medical, so cover the medical syllabus thoroughly.
- Take good care of your health because when your body is fit, your mind will also work well.
Pattern Of Questions in PLAB Exam
Plug exam is appointed in two parts Plug 1 and Plug 2.
In Plug 1 exam, 180 multiple choice questions are asked, in which you are given 5 options for a question, you have to check one option which is correct. 3 hours are given to do this exam.
After this, there is an exam of plug 2 in which there are OSCE. It consists of 18 diagnostics and the time taken to complete each diagnostic is 18 minutes. Apart from this, the candidate is given 2 minutes to read and understand the question. This exam decides how much expert the candidate is in the medical field.
Where are the Centers for PLAB Exam Given?
As I told you above that this is an international entrance exam, so the center of this exam is given in many countries. PLAB 1 entrance exam is organized in India, Egypt, Bulgaria, Dubai, Nigeria, Pakistan, and United Kingdom. Along with this, many of its centers are also given in different cities in India, which include Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, and New Delhi.
Process to Apply for PLAB Exam
After getting the information about the PLAB exam, now this question must be coming in your mind that how to apply for this exam. So let us tell you that all you need to follow some needful steps to complete your application for the PLAB exam.
- In order to apply for PLAB Exam, you have to go to GMA website from where you can fill this form.
- After visiting the website, register through your email and number, after which you will get a mail on that email.
- All kinds of information are present in that email like his registration, exam venue, exam start date etc. For your information, let us tell you that this exam is conducted in many different cities in India and this exam is conducted twice a year in India.
- The exam date is decided after 8 weeks of registration.
- After this, when you give the exam, its result is released after 4 weeks of the exam, which is released on the GMA website.
After What Time A Candidate Can Give the PLAB Exam?
A candidate can give the PLAB 1 exam 4 times and the PLAB 2 exam can also be given four times. One thing must be kept in mind when you pass in Play 1, then you have to give the Play 2 exam within 2 years. And if you fail in PLAB 2 exam then you will have to pass PLAB 1 exam again.
You can also approach GATEIIT, which offers online and offline classes for PLAB Coaching in India.